Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 10 August 2012

Just Us! - Mexican Hot Chocolate

My sister took me to the hub and main location of a Nova Scotian business, Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-Op, on our way to my Dad's in Digby.

Located in Wolfville, just off the highway, they have the cafe, chocolate making kitchen, and fair trade museum. I heard of them when I last came here several years ago and am not a drinker of the bean. I am of the cocoa bean though. My sister told me they made nice chocolate so I asked her to stop off.

I tried their spicy Mexican hot chocolate and found it the best I had ever tasted. I've preferred the Mexican style for some time and am always on the lookout for fair-trade brands I haven't had before.

Mexican hot chocolate generally has spices in it such as nutmeg, cinnamon and hot peppers. Another hot chocolate I enjoy is the Italian cioccolatta densa (If you're ever in Italy, go to Grom's.  Its fair trade as well as delicious and thick.)

I'm now sold on this brand until another comes along. Sold my sister on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment